Alto Tajo Natural Park: it is must
The Alto Tajo Natural Park, located within the Iberian Peninsula, is the largest of Castilla la Mancha (105,721 hectares), is occupying towns in the provinces of Guadalajara and Cuenca, and offers a variety of landscapes and beings living and few natural parks in Spain. Natural Park was declared in April 2000 and it consists of a peripheral protection area (68,824 hectares).
The "Alto Tajo" has a great importance for the conservation of fauna and flora of the region, and has an extensive system of canyons and river gorges (one of the largest in Europe).
As a tourist destination, this region offers everything sports and leisure activities, quality accommodations, diverse dining, cultural, geological and ethnographic routes, etc ... Some of the most interesting places to visit or activities to do in Alto Tajo are:
- Sima de Villanueva de Alcorón
- Poveda de la Sierra
- Peralejos de las Truchas
- Geo Ruta nº 4 “El agua: escultora del paisaje”: download pdf
- Ruta Etnográfica “Los Chozones Sabineros”: download pdf
- Ruta de Senderismo “Salto de Poveda”: download pdf
- Ruta de Cicloturismo “Los Miradores del Tajo”: download pdf
- Ruta de Cicloturismo “Barranco de la Virgen de la Hoz”: download pdf
- Museo de la Ganadería tradicional en el Alto Tajo, en Checa
- Centro de Interpretación Sequero de Orea, en Orea
- Centro de Interpretación Dehesa de Corduente, en Corduente
- Centro de Interpretación Alto Tajo, en Zaorejas
If we want to engage the services of any Outdoor Sports company, here you have some:
Is a Must
Park can come from many different entrances, with the motorway and the motorway Mudejar Barcelona, the main roads nearby.
As you see, the Alto Tajo Natural Park has much to offer, so prepare your trip as soon as possible, any time of year has a special charm in this region ...