What until the middle of last century was the main port of Asturias, has given way to a quiet fishing village in the beautiful council Muros de Nalón, where San Esteban de Pravia overlooking the Cantabrian Sea through the mouth of the most important Asturian rivers, the river Nalón.
Surrounded by beaches (Aguilar beach, Playa El Garruncho, beach Losses ..) very attractive, this resort offers facilities such as sports fishing port and in a privileged setting and saltwater pools.
The ease of communication allow you to reach in just 30 minutes from Oviedo and Gijón, in 15 minutes from Avilés and only 5 minutes from the airport of Asturias.
Curiously, the "narrow gauge railway" (FEVE) with stops at San Esteban de Pravia, runs every hour, you have two cars, and takes just over an hour to reach the center of Oviedo. It's a lovely trip and absolutely recommended.
The Asturian cuisine combines the quality of raw materials with the expertise of traditional cuisine, the offer is rich and varied, highlighting their dishes and pots, seafood and excellent meat.
• in San Esteban are El Antiguo Molinillo and Puerto Norte
• in Muros de Nalón: Casa Zoilo, La Xana del Caballar or La Casona
• in Oviedo: Sidrería Trisquen, La Sala del Buen Yantar or Mil Sabores
• in Aviles, the restaurant Tataguyo
• in San Juan de la Arena: Mirama or El Pescador
* Accommodation related to this topic: Turistic Apartment in Asturias