Passion Week in Seville :: Holy Week
The next day, April 1, with the traditional Procession of the Borriquita, begins one of the most important Holy Week in Spain: Seville.
This "Passion Week" is declared as an event of International Tourist Interest, as it combines all the plastic beauty of religious images in the unique setting of the streets of Seville, flooded with the fragrance of the newly released spring.
Special days of great intensity, which can be seen on the streets of the city some of the guilds with more popular support. Although exceed more than 60 processions, it is remarkable as some of Triana, in particular the Hermandad del Cahorro or the Virgin Esperanza de Triana or the solemn processions of Jesus del Gran Poder or Esperanza Macarena.
The visitor can not miss the famous "madrugá" and share the fervor Seville flamenco Gypsies in the Confraternity of the same name, who chairs Doña Cayetana de Alba, or wandering in the Barrio de Santa Cruz while watching sunrise with the beautiful background Palace of the Macarena on the Cathedral ...
In the picture is seen the draft of these processions in the town of Seville, which turns these days cluttering streets and balconies.
* Post related to Andalusia: Horse Fair in Jerez
* Post related to Andalusia: The Rocío Pilgrimage
* Post related to Andalusia: April´s Fair Seville 2012
* Post related to Andalusia: Cádiz 2012
* Accommodation related to this topic: Tourist Apartments in Seville
* Accommodation related to this topic: Turistic Apartments in Álvarez Quintero street